Dr. Babayo Ardo Kumo (born 2 December 1963) an indigene of Kumo, Akko Local Government Area of Gombe State, He is a Nigerian politician who has served as the Permanent Secretary Ministry of Niger Delta Affairs since 2020. A member of the All Progressives Congress, he previously served as Director States and Local Government Affairs Office of the Secretary to Government of the Federation from 2018 to 2020 and holds the position of Director Inter-Governmental Affairs in 2020.
He completed Central Primary School, Kumo in 1977 and Government Secondary School, Billiri 1982. He studied Political Science and graduated from Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria and became the Best Student in Political Science in 1986, he previously served as Director States and Local Government Affairs Office of the Secretary to Government of the Federation from 2018 to 2020 and holds the position of Director Inter-Governmental Affairs in 2020 before been appointed as the Permanent Secretary MNDA.
SOME COMMENDATIONS RECEIVED
- Commendation from the Office of the Military Governor of Bauchi State on participation in the Task Force On the UNICEF Draft Report on Children and Women.
- Commendation for successful conduct of the selection Of Tangale and Waja Chiefs in Gombe State
- Commendation on the successful conduct of National Conference on the Review of Pension Reform.
PROFESSIONAL COURSES ATTENDED:
- Workshop on Cross – Border Armed Banditry in the North East Zone of Nigeria by Nigeria Institute of International Affairs and Office of the Vice President ,Yola, Adamawa State,1999;
- Certificate Course on New Trends in communication and Report Writing, University of Ibadan, 2000;
- North East Professional Administrators Summit, Institute of Public Administration of Nigeria, Gombe, 2002;
- Computer Appreciation Course by Digital Age Technologies, Bauchi 2002;
- Specialized Report Writing Skills and Presentation Techniques for staff of the National Pension Commission, West African Institute for Financial and Economic Management (WAIFAM), Abuja, 2007;
- Basic Spreadsheet Application, Centre For Management Development, Lagos, 2008;
- Developing Administrative Officer’s Competence For Organisational Transformation, Centre For Management Development, Lagos, 2009;
- Target Setting and Performance Appraisal, Centre For Management Development, Lagos, 2010;
- Management II, Ross School of Business, Michigan, USA, 2007;
- Pension Reform, Global Training Consulting, UK, 2008;
- Balanced Score Card, Boot Camp, South Africa, 2009;
- The Challenges of Globalization for Marketing in the 21st century, UniJos, 2008
- Leadership Competencies, Preparing For The Next Steps, Office of Personnel Management, (OPM), Shepherdstown, West Virginia, USA, 2010;
- High Impact Leadership: Maximizing Individual and Organizational Performance, Columbia Business School (Executive Education) at Dolce Norwalk Conference Center, 32 Weed Avenue, Norwalk, Connecticut USA, 2011;
- Workshop on London Protocol by International Maritime Organisation(IMO) and Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency (NIMASA) 2013;
- Modern Port Management and Concessioning Arrangements for Efficiency/ Anatomy of Shipping: Challenges and way forward in Dubai by Froke Consulting 2013;
- Capacity Building Programme for Personnel of the Maritime Safety and Security and Maritime Services Department of the Federal Ministry of Transport on Core Values of the Public Service, Dubai, by OceanServe May 2015; and
- Global Conference on Climate Change, Paris, 2016.